Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Investing in Yourself/Develop a Reading Habit



If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of the gifts of life is the written word. In my life I have read several books that have changed my life. One book was "The Tightwad Gazette". My first child had just been born, and we wanted my wife to stay home. At the time we thought it would be impossible to live on one salary. The book inspired us to start living frugally, and my wife left her job, and we actually saved more money on one salary.
A first step in "Investing in Yourself" is to make daily reading of educational,positive, and motivating books a daily habit. For the last twenty years I have the habit of reading for fifteen minutes right before going to bed. Jack Canfield in his book "The Success Principles" recommends reading each morning.
Hal Elrod in his highly successful book " The Mircle Morning" has a daily time of reading a part of his morning ritual.

Action Step: Commit to a time each day in which you will read for at least 15 minutes a educational,self help, or uplifting book.

Tomorrow I will give a short list of recommended books.

No comments:

Post a Comment