Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Talk about your joys


There is a saying that I have found to be true in my life. What I focus on tends to expand. I have also learned that I'm a creature of habit. I fix my coffee the same way each morning,leave the house at the same time, and settle into a similar routine everyday. I have had to work hard to change my habit of focusing on my problems. I have a silly, yet effective saying that I repeat often, it goes " I'm bigger than my problems." This helps to remind me that I can overcome my problems, and to stop obsessing on them. Another habit that will help you focus on your joys is to write down three things you are currently thankful for before going to bed. I'm currently listening to the "Compound Effect". The book talks about how small positive steps,repeated often, can make a radical change in your life. Keeping this thankful journal is one such small step you can incorporate in your life to make a radical change.

No comments:

Post a Comment